AdCare Maine is currently looking to hire additional instructor staff to deliver the educational component of the Driver Education and Evaluation Programs. These risk reduction programs are for adult and juvenile offenders of Maine’s Operating Under the Influence and Zero Tolerance laws.
PRIME For Life is the curriculum utilized in both the Risk Reduction Program for adults and for youth offenders under the age of 21 at the time of offense. Participants in both programs receive in-depth education regarding high-risk alcohol and drug choices to assist them in identifying and changing high-risk behaviors.
1) Presents one half of the 20 or 16 hour Prime for Life Curriculum according to a prearranged schedule. All instructors will be offered a minimum of 5-7 programs a year. Additional assignments may be available on an as needed basis.
2) Supports the Lead Instructor in the delivery of the remaining half of each program.
3) Collaborate with the lead instructor to equally divide and facilitate sections of the curriculum less (using this division of labor as an opportunity to improve facilitation skills; by teaching areas of the curriculum less familiar with, offering mutual support and feedback to each other to expand experience and skills in delivering all areas of the Prime For Life material.)
PRIMARY WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee works in community and/or virtual classroom settings.
When not in the office s/he maintains communication through phone or e-mail. Travel, including occasional overnight travel, is required for in-person classes, meetings and training events. Reliable internet connection and access to a laptop that will run curriculum and video conferencing software required for virtual teaching assignments.
SUPERVISION: Position reports to DEEP Coordinator
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, communicate by telephone, type on a keyboard, operate Audio/Visual equipment, read, interpret numerical data, and write. Travel is required.
– Five years experience in the substance use prevention and/or treatment field.
– Experience with teaching/presenting in person and/or virtually
– Valid Maine drivers license and reliable transportation required.
– A combination of at least three years of education and experience in providing continuing education services.
– Completion of the Prime for Life curriculum training.
– Actively preparing for or current holder of the PRI Certification as a Prime for Life Instructor.
– * If not currently certified, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the Prime for Life instructor training and certification as a PRIME For Life instructor as soon as possible after hiring.
Adcare Educational Institute encourages diversity and is an AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
NOTE: This is an at-will-fee-for-service position.
Please go to this link to apply https://www.indeed.com/q-Adcare-jobs.html?vjk=64965652b8f0d86d