Problem Gambling Services

Problem Gambling Services

Through a contract with the Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Health and Human Services, AdCare manages problem gambling services including non-casino Self-Exclusion sites as well as participation in administrative oversight of the Gambling Addiction Treatment Network of providers.

Support for Problem Gambling

If gambling is causing problems in your life, or if you are concerned about someone else’s gambling, there is help available. Download a list of resources including helplines, support groups, community recovery centers,  self-help workbooks, etc.

Problem Gambling Resources for Maine Individuals Families and Professionals

2-1-1 is Maine’s Problem Gambling Helpline.  You are not alone.  Help is available.  You can be connected to services by:

Download Resources – Maine-specific services, national resources, workbooks, podcasts, and training.

Has Gambling Become a Problem?Download the flyer.

Virtual Resource Booth– The booth includes information on services, videos, support, training, and more all in one visual learning experience.

AdCare is now offering VIRTUAL self-exclusion services:

What is self-exclusion?

Self-exclusion is action that a person can take to ban themselves from entering all casinos in Maine for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or for lifetime. The Gambling Control Board holds the official self- exclusion list and releases the names only to casino or slot establishments.

The process is fast and easy, and you don’t need to leave your home or office to do it.

How does it work?

First you contact AdCare’s Problem Gambling Services Coordinator, Lori Manson at (207) 626-3615 ext. 20 or to set up an appointment. Often, the service can be done right away if you contact Lori 9-5, Monday-Friday or another convenient time may be selected. Lori will email you a form which is fast and easy to fill out online. Then you will meet with Lori via Zoom to complete the process. If you’d like, Lori can also talk to you about additional problem gambling services that are available such as support groups, free online resources, and counseling services which may be provided at no cost if you can’t afford to pay.

Download the self-exclusion process FAQs.
Download the Maine self-exclusion program brochure.
View and search the list of self-exclusion locations.

Gambling Addiction Treatment Reimbursement Network

The Gambling Addiction Treatment Reimbursement Network is an opportunity for treatment providers to become eligible to be reimbursed for gambling treatment. Learn more about eligibility, membership, how to apply, and how to get reimbursed.

If you are an individual with a gambling problem, or a loved one impacted by another’s gambling, you may be eligible for no-cost counseling through Maine’s Gambling Addiction Treatment Fund. Contact 211 Maine for a list of counselors in the network

Learn the basics of screening for problem gambling and gambling disorder

Do you have questions about Problem Gambling Services in Maine? 

Contact Lori Manson, Problem Gambling Services Coordinator at (207) 626-3615 ext. 20 or at