Matt Wellington, Associate Director of Maine Public Health Association and host of Healthy Maine Talks podcast, sat down with Lori Manson, Problem Gambling Services Coordinator at AdCare to discuss problem gambling in Maine and the resources and services that are available.
More information and links to some of the resources discussed can be found below:
- 211 Maine serves as Maine’s Problem Gambling Helpline. Dial 211 or text your zip code to 898-211.
- New England Intergroup of Gamblers Anonymous 24-Hour Hotline: (888) 830-2271
- For more information about self-exclusion for casinos and/or sports betting in Maine, go to AdCare’s Problem Gambling Services webpage.
- Maine’s Gambling Addiction Treatment Network can provide counseling for individuals with gambling problems and their loved ones. Counseling may be provided at no cost if you can’t afford to pay. Call 211 for the list of providers.
- To order free brochures, flyers, etc., go to the Maine Prevention Store.
- For meetings options, both in-person and online, download our resources document which is updated regularly.
- To schedule a free Problem Gambling 101 training for your group, or a resource table at your event or location, email email@example.com
- A resource from the National Council on Problem Gambling is this workbook: Personal Financial Issues for Loved Ones of Problem Gamblers
- To find recorded webinars on problem gambling topics, such as the physical impact of sports betting, go to the webinars and videos page of the Maine Council on Problem Gambling. Certificates of completion are available upon request.
- For more tips on responsible gambling, visit the Responsible Gambling page of the Maine Council on Problem Gambling.
Thank you to Matt and the Maine Public Health Association for helping raise awareness about the problem gambling and the available services in Maine.
For comments or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org