As we look ahead to the coming National Volunteer Week, we are simply in awe of the contributions made by Maine Responds Volunteers. Collectively, you all have been a part of the largest, most robust, volunteer engagement and deployment initiative ever undertaken utilizing Maine Responds Volunteers.
Maine Responds Volunteers:
Here's a snapshot of what YOU did!
- Over the course of the pandemic response a total of 40,840 hours of Maine Responds volunteer time has been logged. That's 6,818 shifts!
- This represents a total of $1.5 million in in-kind contributions of volunteer time supporting Maine CDC’s pandemic response.
- Maine Responds Volunteers served missions in the following fields:
- Contact Tracing and Nurse Advisement Line,
- Spiritual Care Corps and FrontLine WarmLine,
- Community-based Testing Clinics and State-run Testing Clinics,
- Federal-supported Mobile Vaccination Clinics,
- Community-based Vaccination Clinics and State-run Vaccination Clinics,
- Monoclonal Antibody Treatments
All of this would not have been possible without YOU!
Register in Maine Responds: www.maineresponds.org
The Maine Responds Emergency Health Volunteer System is the online registration system for the public health, healthcare and emergency response volunteers for the State of Maine. Maine Responds is a partnership that integrates local, regional, and statewide volunteer resources to assist our public health and healthcare systems. It is part of a national initiative to train, coordinate, and mobilize volunteers during an emergency. Maine Responds coordinates verified, pre-credentialed public health, healthcare and emergency response volunteers into a single database that can coordinate the need for volunteers across county, regional, and state lines if needed.