AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc. is seeking an experienced and innovative individual to join its growing, nationally renowned prevention training and technical assistance services team. AdCare is hiring for a new Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator position, focused primarily on supporting the statewide delivery of an evidence-based youth substance use prevention program.
This position will be responsible for the coordination of AdCare’s statewide Student Intervention and Reintegration Program (SIRP), which offers live, virtual classes for youth with early signs of issues with substances. This position will coordinate all logistics for these classes including scheduling, assigning instructors, collaborating with referral sources, and communication with students and parents. This position will also be charged with conducting outreach activities to grow referral sources for the program.
This position is also responsible for providing technical assistance to state-funded sites implementing the SIRP and Prime For Life programs in their communities. This will include hosting quarterly technical assistance meetings, providing one-on-one coaching, supporting evaluation activities, and communications with the program developer. This position will also provide staffing support, as needed, for conferences, webinars, and other training events coordinating by AdCare Maine.
If you have a passion for prevention, AdCare wants you on the team!
Statewide SIRP Program Duties include:
- Coordinate certified Prime For Life Instructors to teach SIRP classes
- Support SIRP Instructors in setting up ZOOM sessions for classes
- Collaborate with and support SIRP referral sources to ensure appropriate referrals to SIRP
- Conduct outreach activities to increase SIRP referral sources
- Communications with students attending SIRP and parents
- Shipping SIRP books to participants
- Send reminders and the zoom link via email 72 hours before the class
- Sends completion certificates to students after the class
- Follows up with students 30- & 60-days post program
- Support and conduct all SIRP evaluation activities
SIRP and Prime For Life Technical Assistance duties include:
- Arranging annual Prime for Life New Instructor and Recertification trainings
- Consultation to new SIRP/PFLU sites and instructors
- Facilitate matching veteran SIRP/PFL instructors with newly certified instructors
- Provide all the evaluation tools and resources
- Serve as a communication conduit between SIRP/PFL sites and the curricula publisher Prevention Research Institute
- Convene and facilitate quarterly networking and technical assistance meetings with all SIRP/PFL sites, instructors and organizations interested in offering the program
- One on one technical assistance through phone call, email, and ZOOM meetings
- Enter technical assistance/fidelity MOUS with all SIRP/PFL sites
Conference and Training Event Staffing Support duties include:
- Hosting and monitoring ZOOM meetings and webinars
- Assisting with preparation of conference and training packets and materials
- Assisting with on-site logistics for in-person events including registration, breakout room monitoring, and logistical supports for speakers and presenters
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preference in fields of public health, behavioral health, and related fields. Preference will be given to applicants who possess a Provisional Prevention Specialist or Certified Prevention Specialist Certification.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Position requires knowledge in the areas of education, prevention, and behavioral health. Necessary skills include training event planning and management, group facilitation, communications, data collection, technical writing, database management, and utilization of new media. Position requires ability to work independently, problem solve, and provide good client and customer support. Position also requires skills in communicating with parents and youth. Experience with the Prime For Life prevention curriculum is a plus!
Experience: 3-5 years experience in prevention, public health, or behavioral health programming coordination preferred
Location: This position will be located at the AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc. office in Augusta, Maine, with flexibility for remote work days.
Travel: Occasional statewide travel will be required in this position
AdCare ME values a diverse workforce. We are an AA/EOE.