Training Project Coordinator – AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc.
AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc. is seeking to hire a highly-motivated and experienced program coordinator to fill its Training Project Coordinator position. This position will be part of a growing team responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of training and technical assistance services for Maine and New England’s prevention workforce and stakeholders.
The Training Project Coordinator position supports the planning, coordination, and staffing of prevention trainings and conferences held in Maine and New England. This position will also coordinate prevention tool and resource development projects for the New England Prevention Technology Transfer Center. In addition, the position will provide technical support for the administration of the Maine Prevention Certification Board, as well as technical assistance services for state-funded sites implementing the Student Intervention and Reintegration Program (SIRP) and Universal Prime For Life program.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in critical statewide and regional initiatives to build and enhance the capacity of the prevention workforce to address today’s most pressing public health issues. If you have a passion for prevention, AdCare Maine wants you on the team!
- Support the planning and implementation of workshops, conferences, and other skill building projects that serve Maine and New England’s behavioral health work force and Prevention Specialists
- Provide training and technical assistance support to the Maine state-funded SIRP (Student Intervention and Reintegration Program) and Prime For Life Universal programs
- Support the planning and coordination of conferences including Maine’s Prevention Professional’s Conference, the Maine Alcohol Prevention Conference, and others.
- Coordinate tool and resource development and other special projects of the New England Prevention Technology Transfer Center
- Provide administrative support to the Maine Prevention Certification Board (MPCB)
- Coordinate and support the Maine Prevention Workforce Development Workgroup
- Support the implementation of the Maine Strategic Prevention Framework for Prescription Drugs (SPF Rx) workforce development/training plan
- Provide periodic administrative support to the Maine Substance Abuse Services Commission
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preference in fields of public health, behavioral health, and related fields. Preference will be given to applicants who possess a Provisional Prevention Specialist or Certified Prevention Specialist Certification.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Position requires knowledge in the areas of education, prevention, and behavioral health. Necessary skills include training and event planning and management, group facilitation, communications, data collection, technical writing, and database management, and utilization of new media. Position requires ability to work independently, problem solve, and provide good client and customer support.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in prevention, public health, behavioral health programming coordination, or related fields preferred
Travel: Occasional statewide travel and travel to other New England states 10-15%
AdCare ME is an AA/EOE
This position is full time salaried, 40 hours per week.
This position will be located at AdCare Maine’s offices in Augusta, Maine
Click this link to apply: https://adcare.applicantpool.com/jobs/393817.html